WSU Master Gardeners teach classes in Wenatchee, WA.
Spring, Summer, and Fall are great for gardening. Join our classes and events to learn more about timely topics such as:
- 1st Fridays in the Veggie Garden — 9AM, a 30-45 minute class with time for questions. May to September, 2023, in the MG Community Education Garden, on Western at Springwater, Wenatchee, WA
- Third Saturdays in the Garden — Take free tours and short tutorials to educate and motivate you to get outside and into the garden. Held at the Master Gardener Community Education Garden, from March to October, 2023, each Third Saturday features Garden Talks – mini-classes covering specific gardening basics. We thank our sponsors for supporting these events.
- Wednesday Garden Class Series: Celebration Lutheran Community Garden, 801 8th St. NE – East Wenatchee, WA, 6:30pm-7:30pm. Join us in summer 2023 for gardening tips and ideas for using your fresh produce with WSU Master Gardeners and SNAP-Ed Educators. Enjoy a snack made with fresh garden ingredients. Tour the gardens and get your gardening questions answered.
Print the Garden Series 2023 Flyer
- July 26, 2023 – Ask the Experts Your Gardening Questions- Unwanted bugs in your flower planters? Spots on your tomato leaves? Wondering when to plant garlic? Bring your gardening questions and Master Gardener veterans will help solve your garden dilemmas.
- August 2, 2023 – Growing Blue Ribbon Produce – Thinking of exhibiting your garden produce at the fair but not sure how to get started? Hear how blue ribbon winners prepare their exhibits. This is a great opportunity to include your kids and grandchildren.
- August 9, 2023 – Three New Ways to Use Zucchini – Are you running out of ideas for using your zucchini? Tired of zucchini bread? Join us as we create and taste some delicious recipes you will make more than once.
- August 16, 2023 – Make the Best Sauerkraut – Sauerkraut lovers will not want to miss this session! This class will teach the secrets for making and canning tasty sauerkraut.
- August 30, 2023 – Grill Those Veggies- Join us to learn three tasty and easy ways to grill your garden vegetables. Turn those common veggies into a show-stopping side dish to compliment your entrée.
- September 13, 2023 – Let’s Make Salsa – Learn how to turn your garden bounty of tomatoes, cabbage, peppers, and onions into fresh and flavorful salsas. Serve with baked tortilla chips or pita.
- September 27, 2023 – What To Do with Squash – Need new ideas for using squash? How about apple butternut soup, spaghetti squash lasagna, butternut apple crisp or tasty roasted squash? Join us to taste these recipes!
- October 4 , 2023– Putting Your Garden to Bed – The garden season is over. Learn how to put your garden to bed for easy start up in the spring. Discover plants you can grow and enjoy over the winter months.
Check our Classes and Events Calendar for current information. Please be prepared for weather conditions and sun exposure. Persons with a disability requiring special accommodation while participating in this event may call the Extension office at 509-667-6540. If accommodation is not requested 10 days in advance, we cannot guarantee accommodation on-site.