WSU Chelan-Douglas County Master Gardener volunteers like to get our hands dirty.
We are a group of individuals with diverse backgrounds who share a unifying interest in horticulture. Some of us are generalists and some have specialized interests and knowledge. We all are inquisitive, like to be around other gardeners, and love to share what we know with home gardeners. The Master Gardener Program assists WSU Extension to promote environmentally responsible gardening practices and addresses environmental and social priorities such as water conservation, the protection of water quality, reducing the impact of invasive species, and healthy living through gardening.
Master Gardeners are trained by Washington State University in topics such as botany, weed identification, soils, lawn care, pruning, pesticides and insect management, plant pathology and plant problem diagnosis, and sustainable gardening practices.
We’re centered in the Wenatchee valley and serve the entire Chelan & Douglas County area. Find us at activities such as:
- Plant Diagnosis Clinic – For your questions and plant problems.
- Farmers Markets in Wenatchee, Leavenworth, Chelan, WA
- Community Education Garden
at Springwater & Western, Wenatchee, WA. Join us on this summer on Third Saturdays for focused, fun topics.
- Xeriscape Demonstration Garden in Wenatchee on the Apple Loop Trail along the Columbia River – Wednesday mornings April-October.
- Speakers to clubs
- Annual Plant Sale – last weekend of April, Pybus Public Market, Wenatchee, WA.
- KPQ Home & Garden Show, Town Toyota Center, Wenatchee, WA – March 8-10, 2019
- Chelan County Fair in Cashmere, WA in September and the North Central WA District Fair in Waterville, WA in August.
Are you interested in becoming a Master Gardener? Read more.
For more information, contact our coordinator: Jennifer Marquis, Coordinator