WSU Chelan County Master Gardeners like to get our hands dirty. We want to share the dirt on growing healthy plants in the Wenatchee Valley.
For specific questions on managing your landscape, garden, or insect pests, please contact our Plant & Insect Clinic .
Talk to us at specific times at farmers markets, fairs and special events, and when we are working in our demonstration gardens.
- Ask a Master Gardener – Plant and Insect Clinic at the Community Education Garden, on Western at Springwater, Wenatchee, WA. Read the schedule.
WSU Master Gardeners teach classes in Wenatchee, WA. Read more.
Spring, Summer, and Fall are great for gardening. Join our classes and events to learn more about timely topics such as:
- In the CEG, on Western at Springwater, Wenatchee, WA: 1st Fridays in the Veggie Garden, and Third Saturdays, including our annual Tomato Tasting Gala in August. Read more about our schedule.
- Wednesday Garden Class Series: Celebration Lutheran Community Garden, 801 8th St. NE – East Wenatchee, WA, 6:30pm-7:30pm. Join us in summer 2023 for gardening tips and ideas for using your fresh produce with WSU Master Gardeners and SNAP-Ed Educators. Enjoy a snack made with fresh garden ingredients. Tour the gardens and get your gardening questions answered.
- Print the Garden Series 2023 Flyer
- July 26, 2023 – Ask the Experts Your Gardening Questions- Unwanted bugs in your flower planters? Spots on your tomato leaves? Wondering when to plant garlic? Bring your gardening questions and Master Gardener veterans will help solve your garden dilemmas.
- August 2, 2023 – Growing Blue Ribbon Produce – Thinking of exhibiting your garden produce at the fair but not sure how to get started? Hear how blue ribbon
winners prepare their exhibits. This is a great opportunity to include your kids and grandchildren.
- August 9, 2023 – Three New Ways to Use Zucchini – Are you running out of ideas for using your zucchini? Tired of zucchini bread? Join us as we create and taste some
delicious recipes you will make more than once.
- August 16, 2023 – Make the Best Sauerkraut – Sauerkraut lovers will not want to miss this session! This class will teach the secrets for making and canning tasty
- August 30, 2023 – Grill Those Veggies- Join us to learn three tasty and easy ways to grill your garden vegetables. Turn those common veggies into a show-
stopping side dish to compliment your entrée.
- September 13, 2023 – Let’s Make Salsa – Learn how to turn your garden bounty of tomatoes, cabbage, peppers, and onions into fresh and flavorful salsas.
Serve with baked tortilla chips or pita.
- September 27, 2023 – What To Do with Squash – Need new ideas for using squash? How about apple butternut soup, spaghetti squash lasagna, butternut apple
crisp or tasty roasted squash? Join us to taste these recipes!
- October 4 , 2023– Putting Your Garden to Bed – The garden season is over. Learn how to put your garden to bed for easy start up in the spring. Discover plants you
can grow and enjoy over the winter months.
Fairs & Events
- Annual Plant Sale – April 29, 2023 – Pybus Public Market, Wenatchee, WA
- Spring KPQ Home & Garden Show, March 10-12, 2023 – Town Toyota Center, Wenatchee, WA
- Annual Tomato Tasting Gala at the Continuing Education Garden, Western at Springwater, Wenatchee, WA- August 19, 2023.
- NCW District Fair, Waterville, WA- August 24-27, 2023
- Chelan County Fair, Cashmere, WA- September, 2023 – Bring your flowers and veggies to the fair! Visit the Boswell building to see what your neighbors are growing. We will be there to answer questions.
More information at www.chelancountyfair.com
Master Gardener Speakers
Master Gardeners are available to speak on select topics at your organization’s meetings. Examples of possible topics are: naturalized landscapes, general gardening, specialty gardening, fire-resistant landscapes, trees and shrubs, soil and fertility, house plants, and composting.
Please contact our Program Coordinator for more information.
Master Gardeners may not accept payment for speaking engagements. They may accept reimbursement for mileage and materials. Honorariums may be donated to the WSU Chelan County Master Gardener program and are very much appreciated.
Please contact our coordinator for organization or non-plant questions.