The WSU Chelan-Douglas County Master Gardeners Community Education Garden has themed gardens that demonstrate how gardening and landscaping can be productive and beautiful while employing sustainable gardening practices. It is located at 1100 North Western Avenue in Wenatchee, WA.
Since this is a demonstration garden, please do not pick or remove any plant, flower or vegetable.
WSU Master Gardeners work in the garden most Friday mornings April to October. Stop by to talk to us!
Read a plant list for each garden, listed under the garden name at the right.
Through continued fundraising efforts and support from the community, the Master Gardeners continue to develop the entire .85 acre area.
Read our brochure.
Events in the CEG
The Master Gardeners offered these classes and activities in the CEG in 2023. We are planning our schedule for 2024. Join us this summer!
- First Fridays in the Veggie Garden – 9:00 am
- We had 30-minute timely topics May-Sept. 2023. Watch for our plans for 2024.
- Third Saturdays at the Garden – Take free tours and short tutorials designed to help educate and motivate you to get outside and into the garden. Our Diagnosis Clinic will be here too. And our Master Gardener Foundation will offer gardening-related items for sale.
- March 16, 2024, 1 – 3 pm – Need to Branch Out on Pruning? Leaf it to Us – Watch a demonstration of simple sharpening using a carbine sharpening tool, then join a 1 hour demonstration of how to prune different types of plants in garden. And watch how to give roses their Spring pruning. Do your small hand tools need a sharpening? For a donation, we will sharpen them for work in your garden.
- May 18, 2024
- June 15, 2024
- July 20, 2024
- August 17, 2024, 10 am – noon – Annual Tomato Tasting Gala – Which tomatoes do you want to plant next year? Taste tomatoes raised in our area to help you decide! And vote for your favorite heirloom, slicer, cherry and paste tomato.
- September 21, 2024
- October 19, 2024
Support the Community Education Garden
Support this worthwhile endeavor to teach sustainable gardening one yard at a time.
Learn more about how to donate to the
Master Gardener Foundation of Chelan-Douglas Counties
Property where the garden is located is provided through a partnership of the WSU Master Gardener Program of Chelan and Douglas Counties and the WSU Tree Fruit Research and Extension Center.