4-H Entomology Web Sites
- 4-H Entomology – Mississippi State
- U. of Kentucky Dept. of Entomology
- U of KY 4-H Entomology Project Units
- Insects Explained
- Collecting and Preserving Insects and Mites Techniques and Tools-Systematic Entomology Laboratory
- How to collect and preserve insects -by Ross, Herbert Holdsworth, 1908-
- Entomology Index of Internet Resources – Iowa State U
- Colorado State U. Entomology – Links to a lot of bug related pages
- Bugs of the Month – Articles about Pacific Northwest Insects from Scarabogram newsletter of “Scarabs: The Bug Society”
- Bohart Museum of Entomology – U.C. Davis. Information
- Insects of Evergreen State College – (includes keys and other info on bumblebees, yellowjackets, lady beetles, ants and ground beetles)
- Introduction to the Identification of Insects and Related Arthropods – P.M. Choate
- The Diptera Site – Information about the World’s flies
- Dr. Elenor’s Book of Common Ants – Good general information
- Anatomical Atlas of Flies
- Slater Museum Dragonfly Page (Odonata) – Dr. Dennis Paulson, University of Puget Sound . Field key and LOTS of images and other dragon info.
- A synopsis of common and economic Illinois ants, with keys to the genera (Hymenoptera, formicidae) – Ross, Herbert Holdsworth, 1908-; Rotramel, George L.; LaBerge, Wallace E
- Simplified Key to the Principal Orders of Insect in the Adult Stage – W. Ebeling
- How to Use Keys to the Identification of Insects (including larvae/nymphs) to Order
- Amateur Entomologist’s Society Bug Club – United Kingdom
- Insects, Spiders, Mice & More – University of Nebraska
- Butterflies and Moths of North America
- Macromoths of Northwest Forests and Woodlands – USGS
- Caterpillars of Pacific Northwest Forests and Woodlands – USGS
- University of Michigan Insect Division
- Entomology and Related Web Sites – Clemson University
- State Insects
- Bug Book List for ID and Pleasure of Reading
- The Coleoptera Home Page – MUCH more than just beetles!
- Asian Multi-colored Ladybeetle (Cornell U.) Now the most common in our area.
- Solitary Bees
- Food-Insects.Com web site
- Bug and Learning Center for Kids at Bedbugd.org
- Kansas State youth Entomology Web Site
- Entomology for Kids -Links at Kansas State U.
- Entomological Society of America
Sources of Equipment
- BioQuip Products
- Home Science Tools – Collecting supplies and books
- Ianni Butterfly Enterprises (source of pins & some equipment; good guide on spreading leps and mounting beetles)
Rearing and Pet Links
- Caring for Invertebrates – Includes information and care sheets for insects, arachnids and other kinds of arthropods
- Rearing and Experimenting with Isopods, Michigan Entomological Society
- Center for Insect Science Education Outreach – U. of Arizona. Lesson plans on using live insects in the classroom and info sheets on rearing and keeping several kinds of live arthropods.
- The Beetle Breeding Web Rearing info for a number of the largest North American Beetles.
Prepared by Dave Pehling, Extension Analyst