Master Gardener Online Classes
Periodically, we offer free, live online classes designed for Snohomish County home gardeners on various topics. And while we welcome home gardeners from elsewhere, please understand the information provided is based upon our local climate and conditions here in Western Washington state. So if you live elsewhere, you should direct questions and concerns about your own garden to your local Master Gardener program.
in 2021, we expect to offer the same Horticulture Training that Master Gardeners receive without the volunteer commitment of becoming a Master Gardener. Details are still being worked out, but the plan is for the classes to be held online Saturday mornings January through April. Those whose goal is to become a WSU Certified Master Gardener Volunteer may need to wait until Covid-19 restrictions allow for in-person training, which may not be until 2022. Additional details will be announced on this page as they are decided. To be notified when applications become available, please send an e-mail to Master Gardener Coordinator Howard Voland (email).
Favorite MG Resources
- Gardening in Washington State (website): WSU Extension Gardening Information
- WSU Extension Gardening Publications (website): Downloadable Gardening Publications from WSU Extension
- Hortsense Factsheets(website): for managing common garden problems
- Pestsense Factsheets(website): for managing common household pest problems
- Growing Groceries (website).
- Gardening Resources (website): our own compilation of online gardening resources.
MGs on Call
Request a Master Gardener Speaker, a Community Garden Mentor, or a Master Gardener Plant Problem Clinic, all currently available by teleconferencing. For more information and to make a request, just use this handy form (pdf).