Preserve the Harvest Classes
2020 courses will be announced late 2019.
Online Food Preservation Course
Details and registration for online course thru Iowa State.
WSU Food Preservation Resources
When canning home-preserved foods use research-based, laboratory tested, up-to-date recipes from the resources on this page and in this brochure: WSU Extension Food Preservation Resources Brochure #C1117E
Food Preservation Resources
- USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning
- Steps in Food Preservation (video)
- So Easy to Preserve –The Book
- Ball Canning and Preserving
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Recommended Canners
- USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Frequently Asked Questions – National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Using an Atmospheric Steam Canner to Can Acid Foods
Food Safety Resources
Pressure Canner Dial Gauges should be tested once a year to be sure they are accurate. Weighted gauge canners do not need to be tested.
Locations for gauge testing
Ajax Electric – 2911 1st Ave S, Seattle, WA 98134 (206) 622-9948
WSU Skagit County Extension – 11768 Westar Lane, Suite A Burlington, WA 98233, (360) 428-4270
Ace Hardware – 1420 Riverside Dr, Mt Vernon, WA 98273, (360) 428-6977