Preserve the Harvest Classes
2020 classes are now open for registration. May thru August 2020, details and registration at Preserve-the-Harvest/eventbrite.com.
Online Food Preservation Course
Details and registration for online course thru Iowa State.
WSU Food Preservation Resources
When canning home-preserved foods use research-based, laboratory tested, up-to-date recipes from the resources on this page and in this brochure: WSU Extension Food Preservation Resources Brochure #C1117E
Food Preservation Resources
- USDA Complete Guide to Home Canning
- Steps in Food Preservation (video)
- So Easy to Preserve –The Book
- Ball Canning and Preserving
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Recommended Canners
- USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Frequently Asked Questions – National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Using an Atmospheric Steam Canner to Can Acid Foods
Food Safety Resources
Pressure Canner Dial Gauges should be tested once a year to be sure they are accurate. Weighted gauge canners do not need to be tested.
Locations for gauge testing
Ajax Electric – 2911 1st Ave S, Seattle, WA 98134 (206) 622-9948
WSU Skagit County Extension – 11768 Westar Lane, Suite A Burlington, WA 98233, (360) 428-4270
Ace Hardware – 1420 Riverside Dr, Mt Vernon, WA 98273, (360) 428-6977