Choosing Health: Food Fun and Fitness (4th Grade)
Eating Smart, Being Active (ESBA) Adult Classes
- Lesson 1 – Welcome to ESBA
- Goal: Participants will know what they are learning through the ESBA series.
- Recipe options include: Fried Rice with Chicken or Stir Fried Vegetables with Beef, Chicken or Tofu
- Lesson 2 – Get Moving!
- Goal: Families enjoy being physically active.
- Recipe options include: Enchilada Casserole or Skillet Lasagna
- Lesson 3 – Plan, Shop, $ave
- Goal: Families plan and shop for meals and snacks that are healthy and within their budget.
- Recipe options include: 3 Bean Salad, 3 Can Chili or Breakfast Parfaits
- Lesson 4 – Fruits & Veggies: Half Your Plate
- Goal: Families increase the amount and variety of fruits and vegetables they eat every day.
- Recipe options include: Cabbage Stir Fry, Fruit Salad, or Summer or Winter Italian Vegetables
- Lesson 5 – Make Half Your Grains Whole
- Goal: Families choose half their grain foods as whole grains.
- Recipe options include: Black Bean and Couscous Salad, Rice Salad, or Grilled Quesadilla with Vegetables
- Lesson 6 – Go Lean with Protein
- Goal: Families choose lean protein foods. Families keep all food safe to eat.
- Recipe options include: Simple Fish Tacos, Tuna Salad, Lentil Tacos, or Chili tomato Beefy Macaroni
- Lesson 7 – Build Strong Bones
- Goal: Families get enough calcium from low-fat or non-fat dairy foods and other foods high in calcium.
- Recipe options include: Salmon Patties, Broccoli Cheese Soup or Skillet Mac and Cheese
- Lesson 8 – Make a Change
- Goal: Families limit foods high in fat, sugar and salt.
- Recipe options include: Banana Swirl, Fruit Sorbet, Mango Salsa with Baked Tortilla Chips or Zesty Bean Dip
- Lesson 9 – Celebrate! Eat Smart & Be Active
- Goal: Participants celebrate their new knowledge and skills to prepare healthy food and be active.
- Recipe options include: Fruit and Peanut Butter Dip or Energy Bites
Tell us about your experience with our website. We want to hear from you!