WSU Snohomish County Extension SNAP-Ed
SNAP-Ed provides nutrition education at schools, food banks, and housing communities. Examples of classes offered include:
Read for Health
- Read for Health is a six lesson series for 1st and 2nd grade classrooms.
- Read for Health is ELA common core aligned.
Choose, Health, Food, Fun, Fitness (CHFFF)
- CHFFF is a six lesson series for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade classrooms.
- CHFFF is an interactive and fun nutrition series.
Coordinated Approach to Child Health (CATCH)
- CATCH is fun and an active program that is great after school, during summer or in pe.
- CATCH features active games and a variety of fun nutrition lessons for youth in grades 1 to 8.
- Food Smarts is a five or six lesson course for youth (grade 4 and up) and adults.
- Food Smarts includes hands-on cooking and engaging nutrition lessons.
- Food Smarts is offered in Spanish and English.
Eating Smart, Being Active (ESBA)
- ESBA is a nine lesson course with for adults.
- ESBA is an evidence-based curriculum that includes education about nutrition, physical activity, stretching your dollar as well as hands-on cooking.
- ESBA is offered in Spanish and English.