We have heard that some folks have trouble with WSU Zoom links. The IT gurus at WSU say there are three main culprits:
- Sometimes people are not signed into their Zoom account already when they click the link to the WSU Zoom meeting. For WSU Zoom meetings, users have to be signed in already to Zoom.
- If you do not have a Zoom account, you can sign up for a free one at https://zoom.us
- After signing into your own Zoom app, enter the meeting ID for the meeting you want to join, rather than clicking the link that may have been provided to you.
- Sometimes people are using the web client instead of the app. The web client is not nearly as robust as the app, so it is highly recommended that you download the Zoom app onto your device.
- Once the app is downloaded, it needs to be kept reasonably up to date. Currently, as of February, 2021, version 5.4.0 (or better) is needed to access WSU Zoom meetings.