Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Washington State University

WSU Snohomish County Extension office has moved!

Our office is now located in the Snohomish County Parks & Recreation Administration Office at Willis Tucker Park, 6705 Puget Park Drive, Snohomish, 98296.

Adding a Project in Your Club

Program Contact: Snohomish County 4-H Office
(425) 357-6044 •

Adding a Project in Your Club

In a perfect world, a 4-H club has a project leader for every project the youth in that club want to pursue.  Sometimes that isn’t the case.

If a member wants to add a project, and there is no existing or knowledgeable project leader for that project in your club, there are three options:

Best)  The member may also join a secondary club that has the desired project.

Better)  A certified volunteer in your club, who is trained as a project leader (but not knowledgeable in the new project), could agree to be the designated project leader for the new project.  They would encourage the member(s) in the new project and keep them informed of county-wide project opportunities.  They would not necessarily provide instruction in the project.

Good)  The youth can add a project independently, which means s/he would fill out paperwork for an “Independent Member” and choose this as a secondary club in 4HOnline.  This is the least preferred option.  The form is available on the Members page of our website.

Be sure to update your record in 4HOnline.  Club leaders should contact the 4-H secretary to have a project added for your club in 4HOnline.