WSU Sustainability Training
Wanting to take your sustainability learning to a new level?
Join us for four Fridays of Fun! We are now offering a mini-version of our Sustainable Community Stewards training wrapped up in just four Friday sessions.
NEW! Now offering a Mini-Sustainable Community Steward Training via Zoom!
This mini-series will run 10 am – 2 pm and offer an amble breaks for sustainably paced virtual learning.
- 10/30 – An Intro to Sustainability, Meaning, Measurement and Me! Featuring Social Justice/Climate Equity Awareness
- 11/6 – Climate Change 101 – The Reality & Solutions
- 11/13 – Why Water Matters: An Overview of our Wonderful Water Sources, Issues with Run-Off, Treatment & Conservation Tips
- 11/20 – Electrify Your Life and Your Ride: Renewable Energy Sources, Conservation and Taking the Mystery Out of Using Alternative Transportation Options
Sessions will include resources for sharing what you learn from others and tips on how to talk about climate-issues so others will listen!
Interested? Contact Heather.Teegarden@wsu.edu or call: 425-357-6027 to sign-up!
This training is perfect for anyone that would like to:
- Achieve a foundation level of understanding of climate change, impacts and solutions
- Increase knowledge of their personal carbon footprint and ways to reduce it
- Feel empowered / inspired to be part of their community
Training content is grounded in credible climate change and natural resources science that is relevant both globally, and locally within Snohomish County, designed to equip each participant as an informed community educator. Participants will receive 15+ hours of *University-level training during this engaging 4-week series.
*No previous university education required.
Register here if you need financial assistance to participate
SCS Training will cover topics such as:
- Climate Change Science and solutions including Drawdown
- Energy Literacy, conservation techniques and renewable energy sources
- Toxics in water and strategies to reduce them
- Social Marketing/Behavior Change/Communication Techniques
Waste Warrior Training – Complete for 2020
This 4-week series focuses on best practices in waste reduction and waste diversion through proper recycling, composting and foodcycling. This training teaches you the nuances of recycling, making you a local recycling expert.
- Intro to Waste/Materials Management 101
- Recycling Myth and Fact/Dos and Don’ts
- Recycling Beyond the Curb
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Foodcycling and Reducing Food Waste
- Commercial Composting Systems
- Outreach Communication Tips