The Snohomish County Horticulture Program teaches research-based, ecologically sound gardening practices. Our mission is to provide access to research-based information and encourage its application by individuals, communities and horticulture professionals to promote human well being, protect and enhance our environment and foster community stewardship.
Master Gardener Hotline: 425-357-6010
WSU Trained Master Gardeners are on duty to answer home gardening questions by phone and at the Extension Office 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., weekdays, April thru September; 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday thru Thursday, October thru March; except holidays, the week of Thanksgiving and the last two weeks of December.
Provide education and help for Snohomish County home gardeners and horticultural professionals. Including:
- Diagnosing plant problems
- Researching environmentally sound pest management options
- Advising about appropriate plants for trouble-free landscapes
- Teaching IPM vegetable gardening techniques
- Improving the soil and how to properly dispose of organic wastes through compost techniques
- Preserving water quantity through wise management choices.
Home & Garden Events