Washington State 4-H is pleased to offer a number of different scholarships. Current and former Washington State 4-H members are eligible to apply. Applicants must have accumulated at least two years of 4-H affiliation. Previous Washington State 4-H scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply. Applicants must be a senior attending an accredited two or four-year college or university in the fall.
Deadline: March 15th at 9:59 PM | Scholarship Application Opens January 1st.
Washington 4-H Scholarships require all five pieces of the Washington State 4-H Scholarship Application. Each applicant will be considered for all Washington State 4-H Scholarships. The application must be submitted by March 15 by 9:59 PM. These scholarships may be used at any accredited two or four year college or university.
- Garber Family Scholarship – to be considered for this $1,000 scholarship you must have been a 4-H Club member for a least two years, leader among your peers, and a volunteer in your community, and plan to attend a two or four-year college. You must be a resident of one of the following counties: Lincoln or Adams.
- Lewis County 4-H Leaders Scholarships – to be considered for one of the three scholarship (Two @ $1,000, One @ $500) you must plan to attend a two or four- year college.
- O.M. Plummer Memorial Scholarship – to be considered for the approximately $500 scholarship you must be attending a two or four-year college.
- Thomas R. Quann Scholarship – to be considered for this $1,000 scholarship you must be a current 4-H member and plan to attend a two or four-year college.
- Washington State 4-H Foundation Trustees Scholarship – to be considered for this $1,000 scholarship you must be a high school senior and attend a two or four-year college.
- WSU CAHNRS 4-H Scholarship – to be considered for one of the two $3,000 scholarships available you must have been a 4-H Club member for a least two years, leader among your peers, and plan to attend the College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences at Washington State University your freshman year.
- J. Orville/Helen Young Memorial Scholarship – to be considered for this $500 scholarship you must be a current 4-H member and plan to attend a two or four-year college.
The Washington State 4-H Dairy Endowment also offers two $500 scholarships. The Washington State Dairy Endowment Scholarship requires a separate application from those above and is due April 1st. The Dairy Endowment offers scholarships to present or former 4-H Dairy Project members – one for a high school senior and one for a current college student. For information and to apply go to: http://extension.wsu.edu/4h/dairy-endowment-fund/
4HOnline (Not compatible with Internet Explorer!)
NOTE: If you are a previously enrolled 4-H member, but are not participating this year and would like to apply for the scholarships, you will enroll as a short-term member. To do this:
- Log into your previously existing 4HOnline Family Profile
- Create a new short-term member profile by choosing “Youth” from the dropdown menu and clicking “Add Short-Term Member”
3. You will fill out your personal information, complete the authorizations and health forms as if you were a 4-H member.
4. You will not choose a club or project.
5. Click submit.
6. Once you have submitted your short-term member profile, follow the video instructions above to complete the scholarship application.