Grab your needle and thread or yarn and hooks, and create something awesome! Needle Arts projects span a large variety of different forms. Check the projects below for examples!
Needle Arts projects are open to all youth.
Don’t see anything that fits a project idea you had? You can sign up for a Self-Determined Arts project and create your own! Learn more on the Self-Determined Project page!
- Needle Work
The Sewing project teaches skills that will last for a lifetime! Create amazing things with needle and thread!
WSU Curriculum and Resources
- Sew Quick! A 4-H Clothing Leaders Guide
- Sewing Skills Checklist
- Writing 4-H Fashion Revue Commentary
- Costura Rapida
- Creative Consumers of Fashion Activity Information Sheet
- Fashion Modeling your 4-H Garment
- Measure Up: Quality Standards for Sewn Items
- Needlework Record
- Needlework Skills Checklist
Cowlitz County 4-H Textile and Sewing 4-H Video Links;
- Selecting and Preparing Fabrics
- Press and Sew
- Basic Hand Sewing and Whip Stitch
- Sewing Machine Basics
National 4-H Curriculum and Resources
- Sewing Curriculum (Junior, Intermediate, Senior)
- STEAM Clothing (Junior, Intermediate, Senior)
- Online Resources
To view upcoming events, click here.