The goal of the National 4-H Dairy Conference is to help youth develop leadership and group participation skills, learn more about the dairy industry, and develop additional competence in special-interest areas of the dairy industry. It is held in Madison, Wisconsin during the first week of October in conjunction with World Dairy Expo.
Youth will have the opportunity to:
- Attend workshops on Dairy Promotion and Dairy Careers
- Visit World Dairy Expo, Hoard’s Dairyman, Nasco International, University of Wisconsin and Crave Brothers Dairy Farm
- Meet with other individuals from all over the United States and Canada
- Learn and have fun
- Applicants must be 15, but not more than 18 years old as of January 1 of the year in which they are applying to attend.
- Applicants must be 4-H members and have been enrolled in a Dairy project for at least 3 years.
- Applicants must not have previously attended the National Dairy Conference.
- Those selected to attend will not be eligible to attend the National 4-H Dairy Judging Contest, participate in the National 4-H Dairy Quiz Bowl or exhibit dairy animals at World Dairy Expo in the year they attend the National 4-H Dairy Conference.
The Washington 4-H Dairy Endowment Fund supported by the Washington Dairy Industry and Washington State University Extension provides funding for four Washington 4-H members to attend the National 4-H Dairy Conference.