How do you become a Volunteer?
At 4-H we take safety seriously, so our volunteer applicants must complete several steps before a decision will be made whether or not to accept a new volunteer applicant. To become a certified volunteer, you need to complete the five steps below. Only volunteers with an active enrollment in 4-H Online are certified volunteers.
Complete the 4-H Volunteer Application:
- This is a fillable PDF. You can either download it, fill it out on your computer, and email it to Melanie or you can print it and mail it to the Clallam County Extension office.
Complete the following online trainings available at the links below:
- Hint: If this is your first time logging into eXtension Campus, you will need to click the “Continue” button and then “Create a New Account”
- Instructions are available at 4-H eXtension Volunteer Education
This online course is designed to orient new 4-H volunteers. Enrollment key is CLALLAM.
Participants will learn:
- Volunteer Roles & Relationships
- Positive Youth Development
- Youth/Adult Partnerships
- Safe & Inclusive Environments
- Learn by Doing
When you are finished viewing the presentation, print and return the completion certificate.
- The enrollment key is “CLALLAM4H”.
- When you finish viewing the presentation, print and return the completion certificate.
Sign up for all three parts here https://tinyurl.com/4-HNewVolunteer
A criminal background check request will be emailed to you.
Enroll on 4H online
All adult volunteers must enroll on 4-H Online every year. You are not considered a certified volunteer without a currently active 4-H Online profile.
Volunteers who do not have an active enrollment on 4-H Online for two years will need to reapply as a new volunteer.
Interested in starting a new club?
Questions? Contact us: Clallam4H@co.clallam.wa.us, WSU Extension of Clallam County, 223 E. 4th St. Suite 15, Port Angeles, WA 98362; (360) 417-2398