Clallam County Garden Calendars
Local advice for timely planting, harvesting and caring for your vegetable garden, berry patch and orchard!
- Recommended planting times and vegetable varieties for the north Olympic Peninsula
- Berry Varieties for Backyard Growers
- March Garden Calendar
- April Garden Calendar
- May Garden Calendar
- June Garden Calendar
- July Garden Calendar
- August Garden Calendar
- September Garden calendar
- October and November Garden Calendar
- Winter Garden Calendar
- Clallam County Master Gardeners
- Recorded Green Thumb Educational Series presentations, and local garden articles
- Clallam County Conservation District: runs a low-cost soil testing program to help Clallam County residents make informed decisions about the management of soil nutrients. Soil tests should be taken in the spring or fall for established sites and at any time of year for new seedings and plantings.
- Community Gardens
Washington State Gardening Information
- Gardening in Western Washington (WSU fact sheets about many garden topics)
- Horticultural Myths
- National Pesticide Information Center
- USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map is the standard by which gardeners and growers can determine which plants are most likely to thrive at a location. Simply type in a ZIP Code and find the hardiness zone for the area of interest.
- New Website! Runoff solutions from WSU Extension and the Washington Stormwater Center
- Hortsense: Home garden fact sheets for managing plant problems with Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
- Pestsense: Fact sheets for managing common indoor pest problems with Integrated Pest Management or IPM.
- Pacific NW Weed Management Handbook
- Pacific NW Insect Management Handbook
- Pacific NW Plant Disease Management Handbook
- Plant and Insect Diagnostic Laboratory: The Washington State University Puyallup Plant & Diagnostic Laboratory is committed to helping the citizens of Washington State resolve their troubles with plants and insects through accurate diagnoses.
- WSU Pest Leaflet Series