Protecting the water quality on the Strait of Juan de Fuca is of utmost importance to the residents of Clallam County. WSU Extension has many opportunities available so our community can learn what actions can be taken to keep our waters clean.
This 5-week course combines classroom presentations by regional experts with field trips around the Peninsula focusing on the rivers and streams that flow into the Strait of Juan de Fuca. The class is almost full!
Have you heard how many dogs are in Clallam County and how much waste they produce? Amaze your friends with this fact and more!
Washington State University and Stewardship Partners are leading a new groundbreaking campaign to install 12,000 rain gardens in the Seattle/Puget Sound Region by 2016.
Whether you’re a homeowner, farmer, citizen scientist, or simply enjoy life-long learning, here you’ll find WSU publication, training opportunities, partner information, research programs and timely news on important water-related issues.
If you live on or near the Salish Sea in western Washington state, this website is for you. The WSU Shore Stewards program provide guidelines and resources for living on or near waters of the Salish Sea regions, including Puget Sound, Strait of Juan de Fuca, Strait of Georgia, and lakes, rivers, streams, and coasts in the area.
- Guide for Shoreline Living: A booklet that gives homeowners tips on how to protect our waters.
- Shore Stewards TV: Video clips on shoreline living
The mission of the WSU Puyallup LID Research Program is to reduce the impacts of stormwater on streams, lakes, wetlands, and coastal areas through effective, research-based application of LID management principles and practices.
Clallam County Water Quality Resources
- Clallam County Conservation District
- Clallam County Water Information
- Sequim Stormwater Stewardship Program
- Port Angeles Stormwater Management Program
- Clallam County Marine Resource Center
- Coastal Watershed Institute
- Dungeness River Management Team
- Feiro Marine Life Center
- Olympic Coast National Marine Sanctuary
- Washington Sea Grant
- Olympic National Park